|What we do
||We are responsible for inspecting, repairing and maintaining all public roads in Newcastle. All public roads in Newcastle are inspected on a regular basis depending on their location and useage:
- Roads in residential areas are inspected twice per year
- Roads in busier areas such as out of town shopping areas and main transport links are inspected every 3 months.
- Roads in main shopping areas in Newcastle (City Centre, Gosforth High Street, Chillingham Road and Shields Road) are inspected every month.
- The principal and classified road network is also subject to monthly driven safety inspections.
||We will investigate the following:
If the pothole is deeper than the levels listed above, please call 01912787878 so staff can raise this quickly with the correct teams.
- Potholes on the footway more than 20mm deep (except in a back lane where the investigatory level is 40mm)
- Potholes on a pedestrian crossing more than 20mm deep
- Potholes on the carriageway more than 40mm
- Potholes on a cycle path more than 20mm deep
|Our response time
||We aim to inspect any reports that meet our investigatory criteria within 5 working days, with more urgent reports being dealt with sooner
|Follow on work
||Please be aware that not all inspections will result in work being raised.
|Pavements and kerbs
||If you want to report a problem with a pavement or kerb, please use our online forms for pavements