Please report all faults (lights out, wires exposed, top hanging, shading requests, column cleaning etc) direct to Scottish and Southern Electric.Report a fault with street lighting (External Link)
Alternatively phone SSE on 0800 0857 307. This is a free phone 24 hour number.
Street lights on the A1(M) and A69
Street lighting on the A1(M) and A69 is not maintained by the council. The management and maintenance of these roads is the responsibility of the Highways Agency. To report faults with street lighting on these roads contact:
- A1(M) contact A-One Integrated Highway Services on 01325 389 991.
- A69 - contact Road Link by phoning 01434 611 114.
Inadequate street lighting in your area?
If you would like to report any of the following problems please contact Streetlighting@newcastle.gov.uk
- Inadequate lighting from a specific column
- Have a query about un-adopted lighting
- Moving columns
- Back light from existing column
This will be reported to our Street Lighting Contracts team for consideration.
Please note there is no guarantee there will be new lights installed.